RULES AND CONDITIONS OF PLAY
The 34th ASEAN Senior Amateur Golf Championships 2017, is hosted by the Federation of Philippine Amateur Senior Golfers, Inc. (FPASGI).
1. MANAGEMENT - The Championships shall be managed by a Tournament Committee appointed by FPASGI whose decisions in all matters relating to the Championship shall be final. The day to day golf activity will be administered by a Tournament Director.
2. VENUE AND DATE - The Championships shall be played at Aoki Course and Norman Course of the Eagle Ridge Golf & Country Club, General Trias, Province of Cavite, from Wednesday October 18 to Friday October 20, 2017.
3. ELIGIBILITY - Participation in the Championships are open to all senior amateur golfers, registered under the Member Associations of CASGA. Participants must be:
- Amateur golfers in accordance with the Rules of Amateur status.
- Members of golf associations affiliated to CASGA.
- 55 years old or older on or before October 18, 2017.
- Possess certified USGA handicaps.
- A. Entries on the prescribed form shall be submitted by Member Associations to FPASGI, not later than August 15, 2017.
- B. All participants are required to pay $ 250.00 as Entry fee.
- C. No entry fee for Team Competition.
- D. Member Associations may make payments to
- Maybank Philippines
- Newport City Branch
- Unit R4 Ground Floor, Star Cruises Bldg.,
- 100 Andrews Avenue, Newport City, Cybertourism Zone,
- Pasay City, Philippines
- Account No.: 01-733-00-0206-5
- Account Name: Federation of Philippine Amateur Senior Golfers, Inc.
- SWIFT CODE: MBBEPHMM
Please notify FPASGI by email (email@example.com) when remittance is made.
- E. ENTRY FEE COVERS:
- Green Fee, Caddy Fee, Golf Cart Fee (twin sharing) for three (3) days tournament including the practice round for Stableford play.
- Three days breakfast served at the hotels.
- Three (3) days lunch served at the golf course.
- Welcome Ceremony with heavy Cocktails.
- Closing ceremony with dinner.
- F. The entry fee is NOT refundable.
5. RULES OF PLAY - All plays shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A limited and the local Rules of the Eagle Ridge Golf & Country Club.
6. HANDICAP - The USGA handicaps of all participants for August will be applicable for the Championships. Participants who are affiliated or is a member of more than one club, must play off his lowest handicap.
7. FORMAT OF PLAY - The Championships will be divided into Stroke Play and Stableford Play. Participants will compete in either Stroke Play or Stableford Play but NOT in both.
8. STARTING TIMES - The Organizing Committee will publish the DRAW with starting times and the courses for each day of play. If a competitor arrives at the starting point ready to play within five (5) minutes after his starting time, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification provided in Rule 33-7.
|Penalty:||Failure to start on time||- 2 strokes (Stroke Play competitors)
- 2 points deduction from the total accepted score for (Stableford competitors)
|Lateness after 5 minutes||- DISQUALIFICATION|
9. SLOW PLAY - The attention of all competitors is drawn to rule 6-7 regarding undue delay. In the interest of fair play, the Organizing Committee will impose the penalties provided by the Rules.
10. MAXIMUM SCORES - For any round, the maximum score allowed is Four Under Net (-4) or 40 Stableford points.
11. ADJUSTED HANDICAP - A competitor who returns a score of Four under Net (-4) or 40 Stableford Points, or BETTER, for any rounds, will have his handicap adjusted as per Arbitrary Cut Table below and he will play to his adjusted handicap in the succeeding round(s).
|STROKE PLAY NET SCORE||64||65||66||67||68|
|Players Tourn. Handicap||No. of Strokes to cut|
|4 - 7||2||2||1||1||0|
|8 - 12||3||2||2||2||1|
|13 - 18||4||3||3||2||2|
|19 - 24||5||4||4||3||2|
|25 - 28||6||5||4||3||2|
12. STROKE PLAY
- A. Individual Championship
- 12.1 This competition will be over 54 holes and limited to competitors with handicaps not exceeding 18.
- 12.2 The Sultan Salahuddin Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the competitor who returns the LOWEST GROSS score and he will be the ASEAN Senior Amateur Golf Champion 2017. He will also be presented a Maroon Jacket.
- 12.3 The Mondonedo Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the competitor who returns the LOWEST NET score.
- B. Team Events
- 12.4 Each Member Association may enter ONE team comprising 3 or 4 players whose handicaps shall not exceed 12 for the GROSS event, and another team comprising 3-4 players whose handicaps shall not exceed 16 for NETT event.
- 12.5 The Tun Sir Henry H. S. Lee Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the team that returns the LOWEST GROSS score over 54 holes.
- 12.6 The Zakir Challenge Trophy wiill be awarded to the team that returns the LOWEST NETT score over 54 holes.
- 12.7 The aggregate of the best three (3) scores of each round will be the team’s score of the day.
13. PRIZES - Each competitor may win only 1 prize except as a member of the winning team in the Team Events
14. DECISIONS - The Organizing Committee will appoint a Rules Committee under Rule 34-3 whose decisions of any dispute or doubtful point shall be final.
15. STABLEFORD COMPETITION
- A. Individual Competition
- 15.1 This competition will be over 36 holes.
- 15.2 Players in the Stableford competition will be divided into five (5) Age Group as follows:
1.) Group A 55 to 59 years max. handicap 24 2.) Group B 60 to 64 years max. handicap 24 3.) Group C 65 to 69 years max. handicap 24 4.) Group D 70 to 74 years max. handicap 24 5.) Group E 75 and over max. handicap 28
- 15.3 The Toh Shung Chee Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the competitor who returns the MOST Stable ford points over 36 holes.
- 15.4 The competitor who scores the MOST Stableford points in each Age Group will be declared the winner for the Group.
- B. Team Events
- 15.5 Each Member Association may enter ONE team comprising 8 players at least one of whom must be from each of the five Age Groups except if the Association has no participant in the Group.
- 15.6 The aggregate Stableford points of all the players will be the team score for the round.
- 15.7 The Chamnian Pongpairojana Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the team with the highest total Stableford points over 36 holes.
16. STIPULATED ROUNDS - The Championships will be decided by the stipulated rounds. However, in the event of circumstances which make the playing of the stipulated rounds impracticable or impossible, the Tournament Director will cancel any round(s) at his discretion.
17. LELA PAHLAWAN OVERALL CHAMPION CHALLENGE TROPHY - The Lela Pahlawan Overall Champion Challenge Trophy will be awarded to the team with the highest total points earned in the Henry H. S. Lee Challenge Trophy Teams Gross Score Event, the Zakir Challenge Trophy Teams Net Score Event, the Individuals Stableford Age-Group Event, and the Chamnian Pongpairojana Challenge Trophy Event (see annex rules below).
18. TIES - Ties for any position will be decided by a count back in the following order and manner:
- 18.1 Individual Event
Gross: i) Higher Handicap.
ii) Last 18, 9, 6, 3, last hole and by lot
Net & Stableford i) Lower Handicap
ii) Last 18, 9, 6, 3, last hole and by lot
- 18.2 Team Events
i) Team's Score for the last 18 hole
ii) Aggregate of the handicaps of the contributing players:
Gross: Highers Aggregate Handicaps Net & Stableford Lower Aggregate Handicaps
LELA PAHLAWAN OVERALL CHAMPIONS CHALLENGE TROPHY RULES
1. The Associations will be awarded points according to their positions in the following competitions:
- a) Henry H.S. Lee Challenge Trophy Teams Gross Score Event.
- b) Zakir Challenge Trophy Teams Nett Score Event.
- c) Individuals Stableford Age-Group Event.
- d) Chamnian Pongpairojana Challenge Trophy Event.
2. For competitions A, B and D points will be awarded to Associations according the results:
3. For Individuals Stableford Age-Group Event Associations will initially be awarded points according to the positions achieved by their players in each Age Group:
In the event where there are fewer than six players in any Age Group the Association winning the first place will be awarded as many points as there are players in the Age Group and the Association placed last will get 1 point.
4. The sum total of the points accrued by the Age Group A to E will constitute the scores of the Associations.
5. The Associations will be awarded points for Individuals Stableford Age-Group Event accordingly:
6. The Association that accumulates the most points from all four Events, will be declared winners and awarded the Lela Pahlawan Overall Champions Challenge Trophy.
- (1) Henry H.S. Lee Challenge Trophy Teams Gross Score Event.
- (2) Zakir Challenge Trophy Teams Nett Score Event.
- (3) Individuals Stableford Age-Group Event, and
- (4) Pongpairojana Challenge Trophy Event.