DIRECTORY TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS CENTER
|Chairman:||President Melito S. Salazar Jr.||0917-5302675/ 0920-9528247|
|Co-Chairman:||BM Raymundo A. Del Rosario||0917-5022932|
|Co-Director:||Col. Domeng Manuel (Ret)||0919-2043330|
|GM, ERGCC:||Antonio “Boy Blue” Ocampo||0943-9121265|
|Event Coordinator:||Rodel Mangulabnan||0917-8133264|
Manuel D. Comia
Mario G. Lugay
Lito V. Siena
|Security:||Gen. Gerry Doria (Ret)||0917-8971531|
|Overall Coordinator:||Gen Romulo F. Narcida (Ret)||0918-5838203|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
- CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
- LOCAL RULES
Welcome to the 34th ASEAN Senior Amateur Golf Championships 2017. It is an honor to host this prestigious event, coinciding with the 50th ASEAN Golden Anniversary Celebration this year. Your continued participation is an expression of a strong spirit of fellowship, “Fostering Friendship Amongst Senior Golfers in ASEAN”. This event is not only about winning the tournament but more about renewing friendships and making new friends.
Let’s add another colorful milestone to the rich lore of the CASGA championships.
Melito S. Salazar, Jr.
President and Chairman, Organizing Commitee
34TH ASEAN SENIOR AMATEUR GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
|Arrival of Participants||October 17||NAIA, Pasay City|
|Check in at Hotels||2:00 pm||Summit Ridge & Bayleaf|
|1st Captains’ Meeting||4:00 pm||Summit Ridge Function Room|
|Tournament Proper||October 18||ERGCC (Aoki/Norman)|
|Opening Ceremony||8:00 am||ERGCC Main Clubhouse|
|Welcome Ceremony||4:30 pm||ERGCC Poolside|
|Tournament Proper||October 19||ERGCC (Aoki/Norman)|
|CASGA General Assembly||4:00 pm||Summit Ridge Hotel|
|Tournament Proper||October 20||ERGCC (Aoki/Norman)|
|2nd Captains’ Meeting||5:00 pm||ERGCC Function Room|
|Awards Night and Closing Ceremony||7:00 pm||Summit Ridge Hotel|
|Departure of Participants||October 21||NAIA, Pasay City|
CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
- Registration: 7:00 AM
- SHOTGUN TEE-OFF: 8:00 AM
- RULES OF PLAY: Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Limited and the Local Rules of Eagle Ridge Golf & Country Club (See Local Rules)
- FORMAT: Stroke Play and Stableford Play
- EVENTS: The Championships will have the following events:
- A. STROKE PLAY
• Individual Gross Championship (54 holes) - 8 prizes • Individual Net Championship (54 holes) - 10 prizes • Team Gross Championship (54 holes) - 2 prizes x 4 • Team Net Championship (54 holes) - 2 prizes x 4
- A. Stableford Play
• Overall Champion (36 holes) - 1 prize • Group A Champion (36 holes) - 2 prizes • Group B Champion (36 holes) - 3 prizes • Group C Champion (36 holes) - 4 prizes • Group D Champion (36 holes) - 5 prizes • Group E Champion (36 holes) - 3 prizes • Team Stableford - 8 prizes
C. OLDEST PARTICIPANTS 1 prize
Sultan Salahuddin Challenge Trophy - Gross Champion Mondonedo Challenge Trophy - Net Champion Tun Sir Henry H.S. Lee Challenge Trophy - Team Gross Champion Zakir Challenge Trophy - Team Net Champion
- Stableford Play
Toh Shung Chee Trophy - Age Group Champion Chamnian Pong Pairojana Challenge Trophy - Team Champion
- Overall Team Champion
Lela Pahlawan Overall Champions Challenge Trophy
SCORING AND SUBMISSION OF SCORECARDS:
- Only players are allowed to score. Caddies are not allowed.
- Cross scoring is MANDATORY between players riding in one cart with players riding in the other cart of the same flight.
- Erasures must be countersigned by both player and marker.
- The marker shall record the gross score of the player and mark pick-ups with an “X” (Stableford play only).
- The senior caddy will be designated to register the scores of the flight in a separate scorecard.
- A designated marker will record the scores of all players every six (6) holes.
- Players in the flight must submit their scorecards at the same time and signed in front of a Tournament Committee Representative.
MANDATORY PICK-UP (STABLEFORD ONLY):
To promote faster play, a player with no longer any chance to score a point on a hole, must pick up his ball and discontinue play and mark his hole with an “X” to indicate pick-up.
GOLF BALLS / GOLF CLUBS:
PENALTY FOR BREACH: DISQUALIFICATION
DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICE:
“For all play at this course, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.) the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
- Please play without undue delay
- Always play a provisional ball if in doubt
- Limit search for lost ball to a maximum of five minutes
- Allow faster groups to pass whenever practical
- A. On sprinkler head - to center of the green
- B. White Markers - 150 yards to the center of the green
- A. Non-golfers are prohibited inside the golf course.
- B. All players must be in proper golf attire that is golf apparel and golf shoes with soft spikes only.
- C. All players must register at the Golf Registration prior to using the golf course.
- D. Damage to golf cart will be the responsibility of the player renting the golf cart.
DOUBT AS TO PROCEDURE
In order to speed up play, players are advised to invoke Rule 3-3 and complete play of the hole by playing 2 balls.
All flights are advised to designate one of their caddies to act as fore caddy.
In the event that the tournament will be played under preferred lies, the following shall be in effect:
“Through the Green”, a player may mark, lift, clean, and replace his ball in a spot within 6 inches not nearer the hole that is not in
the hazard or on a putting green. The ball is in play when the marker is removed.
Penalty of violation of this Rule - 2 strokes
On all par 3s and reachable par 4s, Marshalls may direct players to mark their ball on the green and allow the following flight to hit their tee shots. Kindly follow their instructions.
Any disputes or contentions that may arise shall be settled
by the Tournament Committee and the decision is FINAL.
PENALTY OF BREACH: TWO STROKES PENALTY PER BREACH (Maximum of four (4) strokes per round)
STOPPING AT THE CLUBHOUSE / TEE HOUSES:
To hasten play and eliminate undue delay, players are advised not to stop and sit down at the tee houses / clubhouse.
Golf carts are permitted to enter the fairways following the 90-degree rule. Players 75 years old and over are given the privilege to ride alone with his caddy in one golf cart.
- Stroke Play
Greg Norman - 6455 yards Isao Aoki - 6431 yards
- Match Play
Greg Norman - 6150 yards Isao Aoki - 6150 yards
- 80 years old and above
Greg Norman - 5930 yards Isao Aoki - 5930 yards
LOCAL RULES (Aoki / Norman Courses)
- A. Course Marking
- Perimeter fences, white stakes, and OB lines - Out of Bounds
- Yellow Stakes and lines - Water Hazards
- Red Stakes and lines - Lateral Water Hazards
- Blue Stakes and White lines - Ground under repair
- B. Out of Bounds
Any ball crossing the out of bounds markers and coming to rest on any other part of the course other than the hole being played is out of bounds.
- C. Protection of Young Trees
If such a tree (marked by blue stakes/paint/tape) interferes with the payer’s stance or intended area and swing, the ball MUST be lifted, without penalty, and dropped within one club length of the nearest point of relief, not nearer the hole
- D. Embedded Ball
A ball embedded in its own pitch mark, through the green may be lifted, cleaned, and dropped without penalty as near as possible to the spot where it lay, not nearer the hole.
- E. Stones in bunker
Stones in bunkers are “movable obstructions” (may be removed)
- F. Obstruction - Relief Situation
Except in a hazard, relief without penalty occurs when the lie of the ball, the area of his intended swing, or his/her stance interferes with the following:
- All exposed water pipes, catch basins, sprinkler heads, irrigation control boxes, and drainage grills.
- All constructed pathways with artificial surfaces, tee houses, and pump houses.
- Concrete bank tops (not in hazards), defining water hazards and bridge supports.
- Permanent yardage markers on both sides of the fairways
G. Edging Grooves Around Putting Green
If a ball lies on an edging groove between the putting green and the fringe, the player may, without penalty, mark the ball, lift, clean, and place it out of the groove in the nearest position where it lay not nearer the hole.
- H. Close of Competition
The Competition shall be deemed closed when the Overall Championship trophy has been awarded to the winner.
PHILIPPINE HOST / COORDINATOR
|BRUNEI||BAYLEAF||DIR. EMIL JOVEN||0925-5760805|
|INDONESIA||BAYLEAF||AMB. VIDAL QUEROL||0917-8476620|
|MALAYSIA||SUMMIT RIDGE||DIR RANDY REYLA||0923-4796425|
|SINGAPORE||SUMMIT RIDGE||DIR VER RAYMUNDO||0917-8397898|
|THAILAND||BAYLEAF||DIR MARIO LUGAY||0917-5270088|
THE BAYLEAF HOTEL
|Tel. No.||+63 46 435 5000 / +63 977 832 0059|
SUMMIT RIDGE HOTEL
|Tel. No.||+63 2 240 6888 / +63 922 852 6800|